Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Outside light query

Options
  • 19-01-2022 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just looking for some advise before I make contact with an electrician. I'm thinking about running around 20 outdoor lights around the fence at the back of the house, hopefully all running off the same cable and in sequence on a dusk to dawn sensor. The fence is about 500ft long. Is that possible and is it much trouble or an easy enough job.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Easily doable but it wont be cheap as that length of cable will have to be uprated etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Also, discuss the model of light with the electrician to ensure that he's happy with the fitting and that it's possible to weatherproof it sufficiently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

I'd rethink the idea as it's not the norm

You've got the wire tacked to fencing and a lot of lights to purchase and maintain

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

Hi Folks

Thanks for the replies. Ye i expected it to be expensive enough for the cable, i can get ip54 led bulkhead lights cheap enough online.

Would anyone have any other ideas which might be cheaper but still achieve the same outcome (i currently have solar led lights atm) and also what ballpark would be the cost for the cable and the labour.

thanks

Advertisement