Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working for Food Delivery Service in my Extra time

Options
  • 18-01-2022 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

I am working as a permanent employee in a software company. Since I am experienced, I have usually only 2 hours of work in a day. But I am required to sit on the system and learn more things during the extra 6 hours. It looks boring and I would like to do some delivery job with Just Eat during evenings and on weekends so that I can make some more money. Is it okay to do that. Are there any legal problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Fallout2022

Moonlighting(vimalandrew){

int result;

if employmentcontract.breach=0 /* every employment contract document is different

result=num1;

else

result=num2;

return result;

}

• Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Yeh go for it. Cash in hand all the way. How much will you make after paying for Diesel etc? I wouldnt be doing it for less than 170 a night. You wont get that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭vimalandrew

Its not cash in hand. Its for Just Eat. They pay to my bank account. I work for 3 hours during evenings and getting around 30 after diesel. During weekends can get around 100 euros a day after diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I saw a documentary once about a guy who worked for a nuclear power station. He ended up working from home, and decided to skive off, using a weighted swinging bird ornament to press a key on his keyboard to activate various safety prompts. Instead of delivering food like you want to he ate loads of it. However, the bird fell over, and he ended up causing a nuclear meltdown, only saving the whole locality from disaster by physically blocking the escape of radioactive gas with his rotund body.

But you don’t work for a nuclear power station, so you should be fine.

• Advertisement

No free food. I am an Indian. If I send this much amount from delivery to my parents in India, it is a big amount because of euro - rupee conversion rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

OP you're better off asking here

• Registered Users Posts: 19,121 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

If this is a real story, and if you finish your day's work in 2 hours, how about trying to get a promotion to a more involved role, or move to a another job?

Even your other 6 hours learning on the job should return magnitudes or order more of what you'd get running around with pizza. There might be a few recognised certified courses in your area that could open doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,121 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

A friend of mine worked for them for a bit. Said he wouldn't recommend it. Shower of cowboys

• Advertisement

You are right. But in my previous team, the team lead screwed me so that I am not getting any promotions or salary hike for three years. I am getting 2900 (48000 per annum) in my hand per month. I am getting so many calls from other companies, but would be a risk becuase salary would be 55000 to 60000 and then they will give me some complex projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Your in a sector with huge demand for skilled workers, I'd shop around for salaries. Taking on a minimum wage job sounds like a poor use of your time and skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

do the likes of deliveroo and just eat cover insurance costs? cause you have to have special delivery insurance don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭Alkers

10 hours a week for 48k isn't too shabby!

D you have to physically be on site for the other six hours a day and that's your issue?

Could you not do some freelance work online while idle rather than delivering food during your free time?

most employers expect to be informed if working for another company as they have an obligation to not let you exceed 48 hours work in a week.

can't remember the details as it is 20 years ago since I studied it and not googling it at this time of night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭thebourke

whats your job in IT?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I heard some people work 2 jobs. At the same time in the software industry making zoom calls and sending emails maintaining software from github etc Its not legal but as long as the employer does not know who cares. Id imagine most employers would have clause you cant work for another company with out asking permission. And of course the revenue will know exactly how much you make unless you are working for cash

I think many employers dont care how long you spend working as long as all the work is done and staff are on call to repond to customers one day it maybe busy one day its slow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think theres an eu working directive you can only work x hours per week. X hours per day for reasons of health and safety .i know in india you can buy a lot with 10 euros everything is cheaper. Im not a legal expert just going from what I read

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

This could be a problem. You're also only allowed to average 39 hours per week in a 13 week period.

Because the money's going into your bank, you'd have to declare it as income and pay extra USC, PAYE & PRSI.

Probably better off working directly for a takeaway, off the books and getting paid cash in hand.

Advertisement