Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CGT on property rental?

• 18-01-2022 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi there,

I have to move abroad for a year for professional reasons.

I will be renting out my house here to cover the mortgage (1400e pm). Will I have to pay CGT on the house should I see it down the line due to having rented it out?

Many thanks,

T

Best Answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

When selling the house, the principal private residence relief will be applied based on the years you spent in the house.

If you lived in the house for 9 out of the 10 years you owned it, then you would get 9/10ths relief on the gain. Eg, bought for 200k sold for 300k, gain of 100k. 100k * 9/10 = 90k relief, 10k chargeable gain.

Answers

Advertisement