Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESTA application-Social media

• 18-01-2022 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Has anyone applied for an ESTA recently? I notice they now ask (optional) for social media links and usernames. Any downside to leaving this blank?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

First of all please make sure you're using the correct website. There are a lot of websites who look legit but will act as a go between and charge you for entering the same information.

Official ESTA Application Website, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (dhs.gov)

This is what it says there:

What additional data elements were added to the ESTA application in December 2016?

DHS added the following optional question to ESTA and to Form I-94W:

* "Please enter information associated with your online presence - Provider/Platform- Social media identifier."

The question is marked as "optional" on the revised ESTA application. If an applicant does not answer the question or simply does not hold a social media account, the ESTA application can still be submitted without a negative interpretation or inference. No ESTA application is guaranteed approval, and an application can be denied for a variety of reasons

I don't know why anyone would enter their social media accounts.

Advertisement