Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Kitchen

Options
  • 17-01-2022 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I'm living in Meath. I'm thinking of replacing the kitchen. It's very small , maybe 6 cupboards or so, worktop, sink, extractor fan.

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced kitchen company?

Or a carpenter who could carry out this work ?

Just looking for some ideas on how to do this as cost effectively as possible.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,031 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Are you reconfiguring? If not, you could just replace the doors and worktop - and the sink if you want.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jackoflynn

Oh no.. Whole thing needs to be ripped out. Falling apart.. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 OrangeAngel12

You'll probably need more than one carpenter for this job. You'll remove a lot of stuff, and if you only hire one person to do it, it'll take you too long.

I made that mistake, and trust me; it's not worth it. I was working from home and decided to change the entire living room while working every day just beside it. Terrible mistake! If you're also working from home, be careful, these processes can take even longer than expected (also, on ThinkRemote 's website you'll find some ideas to overcome any remote disruption).

However, I genuinely recommend hiring a whole team of carpenters to do this job. It's not worth saving the money if you'll be suffering! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭scottygee

+1 on this. Spending more money to get it done faster is waaaaay better.

Also, depending on the current status of your kitchen drawers, dining chairs, etc–I suggest just buying a new set than repurposing the old ones. I bought a few chic and affordable pieces from this online store–it's in the US though so shipping was a little expensive but was well worth it!

Good luck with the kitchen remodel, hopefully everything turns out great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Sunny_Arms

Installing new cupboards, worktop, sink, and extractor fan sounds like a lot of work! If you're thinking of constructing a new kitchen, I think it's best to hire a contractor than hire a kitchen company. Though the kitchen company will adhere to the measurements, they most likely will not help you make necessary adjustments to your kitchen area. Meanwhile, construction is at your disposal if you hire a contractor. But, hire necessary contractors like electricians, plumbers, and installers for specific things like Caesarstone worktops. I hope it goes well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Howok

One person will be enough if you have much time

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kinney

Ha ha! This is not small kitchen for someone...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ParkerLV

Good notice

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

Better to go with local and nearest installers. I think they could be cheaper than big companies.

Advertisement