Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smart timers for electrical heaters - recommendations

Options
  • 16-01-2022 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

We have a house with electrical underfloor heating that works on night rate as a storage heating system (heat is retained in the slab)

It works reasonably well but it is all controlled on a single timer. There is a switch in each room to enable or disable it for that room.

The problem is that some rooms get too hot when the timer is set to get it right for another.

I would like to disable the central timer and replace each room switch with an individual timer for each room. I don't want to use mechanical timers and digital ones are very fiddly to use, so I would like to be able to set them up from a computer or phone app (no interest in voice control). The timers would need to be rated for at least 20A.

I'd appreciate if anyone can recommend suitable devices and/or systems for this task. I'll need around 12 of them, so a moderate cost would be a bonus!

...or should I be asking in the electrical forum?

Post edited by blackbox on

Comments

Advertisement