Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Triton shower develops same fault twice. My fault?

• 16-01-2022 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭

I had a new Triton shower installed in Nov 2020. A short time later a seal went. They replaced the shower but the installer told me my existing sink tap was not suitable for the shower and to replace it. He said it cuts the flow too quickly which caused a pulse that popped the seal. I didn't replace it and it's happened again. Is the advice they gave enough to cover them or should I expect the shower to work with what is a standard ordinary tap?

Post edited by Heighway61 on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭John.G

Is this a 9kw electric shower?, if it is a pumped shower like the T90 range it must be supplied from the cold water storage tank in the attic.Not sure what context the sink tap is used in, is it the opening/shutting of this that is causing the seal problem, if so then the shower must have been connected to the mains. If so either incorrectly installed or you have a T80 shower?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

It's a Novel SR. I don't know much about it but when the fault occurred the first time the installer Triton sent to fix said that the tap and the shower were on the same pipe. He said if the tap is closed off too suddenly it causes a pulse that causes a seal in the shower to burst.

It's a mixer tap with a lever control. He said to replace it with one that turns. Should I be expected to change the taps when I buy a shower?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭John.G

The same "rules" apply here, this shower takes hot water from your vented hot water cylinder and cold water from your cold water storage tank (CWST), the shower internal pump then pressurizes both the hot and cold and the thermostatic control gives you your required showering temperature.

So both the hot and cold must be taken via the CWST, the hot from the vented HW cylinder via the CWST and the cold, as stated above, from the CWST. If you have a unvented (pressurized) HW cylinder then you can't use this shower as the shower internal pump will then be boosting mains water pressure which will certainly blow seals.

Of course it may be connected in correctly and somehow or other a hot supply is taken off to a tap as well as just supplying the shower??

Post edited by John.G on

Advertisement