Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which SDS drill to buy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

I have that Makita drill. It has never let me down so couldn't fault it.

When I purchased mine I was given an option to buy 2 sets of Makita SDS bits in cases that are still as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭jack of all

I have a Bosch SDS drill very similar to the one you linked (not sure of the exact model number) and it is a very good drill and fantastic value for money with the quick change chuck included.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Suckler

+1

I have same/similar Bosch drill. No complaints about it. Very capable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I bought a Lidl Parkside SDS for €39 several years ago. It's been faultless.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Saladin Ane

Have had a heavily used de Walt SDS for about 15 years. It was idle for about 11 years as I was out of the country. Started using it again a few weeks ago. The rusty bit was stuck but WD40 sorted that. Have been drilling through battens into solid blocks for express nails and it does the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Has anyone ever had a bad experience with a corded SDS? They all seem bulletproof, at least for DIY workloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Have a bosch one like that 10 years and my god it takes punishment... chased many a house and it just won't die.

Advertisement