Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energia disconnection costs

Options
  • 16-01-2022 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I bought a new house recently but moved into the house one month later. I just noticed that Energia sent a postal mail addressed to the "new occupant" from one month back and informing that since they have not heard from me for continuing the supply they would go ahead and begin disconnection. They also mention that "if we do not hear from you in 10 days the supply will be disconnected and you will be liable for 79.45 euros". I got a similar mail for gas as well. Am I liable to pay this? Is this supposed to be paid by the previous owner? What are my options? Can I just ignore this? I already have new electricity and gas supplier 15 days after I bought the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

They are the last supplier and the previous owner has obviously closed the account.

For safety reasons they will want to disconnect the gas fairly quickly if the house is not occupied.

And also if you are not occupying the house yet, they will want to disconnect from the electricity network as ESB networks are probably charging them a fee to keep it open.

But as you've signed up it is unlikely that it has been disconnected as otherwise you would not have been able to sign up.

So I'd ignore

Advertisement