Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Washing Machine Recomendations

Options
  • 15-01-2022 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I'm looking to buy a new Washing Machine and need some advice on which Brand is the best to buy and reliable. I've done a bit of research and I'm interested in Zanussi, Beko or Bosch. My current machine is a Hotpoint but its on its way out.

I'd appreciate any advice or recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snugbugrug28

I'm undecided myself but personally I would go for something as energy efficient as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Of the three that you have mentioned if you want pretty decent reliability with a series of fast washes and a life expectancy of 8/10 years plus go for the Bosch , check that the model offered is made in Poland or Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 81,407 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Got a LG last time around, very happy with it, used daily, no issues. Very quiet machine.

Previous one was Bosch, got about 10 years out if it, again daily use, no issues until end where some major part went that would be €200 plus to replace which was nearly half initial cost so just replaced machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Michael83

Thanks Red Ace and Atlantic Dawn for your recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 poppysee

Been enjoying my Samsung Smart Dial Front Load Washer with Opti-Wash. Its quiet and very easy to use, I have a smart home so this is definitely very useful for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snugbugrug28

How much and what energy rating?

I second the opinion of getting a machine that's made in Europe, in the apartment I'm renting it has a Siemens washing machine that must be over a decade old by now and still functions perfectly if I'm not mistaken Bosch is owned by Siemens so they should be German made.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Not sure if the OP is sorted by now, but I recently replaced an ancient (at least 20 years old) Whirlpool with a Zanussi 8kg on family recommendation, and I have no complaints.

Quiet, doesn't shake the foundations of the house when it spins, has a frighteningly effective spin (which took getting used to after the old machine), and is just very reliable so far.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bosch make all the kit, they licence the Siemens name (there's a far more complicated history but that's the case now). But even within the Bosch and Siemens brands they have different qualities - the cheapest ones have to try compete with Turkish junk on price so aren't built in Germany either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

I have both Siemens and Bosch. I prefer the Bosch, easier to drain off residual water when wash is complete.

How can you tell, at the time of purchase, whether it was manufactured in Germany or Turkey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭raxy

After my experience dealing with Bosch over a faulty dishwasher I won't be buying anything else from them. There was a fault in the machine & it nearly went on fire. When they repaired it it started getting warning lights during & after use. When I tried to get them to look at it again they were very dismissive & threatening, saying that they repaired the machine & their engineer would not have left if there was a problem with the machine. Said they would charge me for the repair if it was not due to the original repair even thought it was still in warranty.

I have a samsung Eco Bubble washing machine & happy with it. only have it about 2 years but no issues so far.

Advertisement