Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on crack and chip

Options
  • 15-01-2022 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, I would really appreciate a second opinion on the following:

1. Please refer to the image of the cracked tooth sent. It is the second premolar on the upper right jaw. I've been experiencing constant pain and discomfort, enough to keep me up for the last three nights in a row. For the last 3 days when I put any pressure on the tooth even very light pressure I feel intense pain, on a scale from 1 to 10 I would say a definite 10/10. However today the pain is less intense, I would say 7/10 when I put pressure on the tooth and just slight discomfort when no pressure is on the tooth, I feel like it is improving. 

2. I also have a large chip in my second molar on the bottom left with the exact same symptoms as the cracked tooth but the pain is only about a 5/10. Note that I had my wisdom teeth removed at 16 before they erupted.

I am currently 33 years of age, no known medial issues in the past or present though my mother has Diabetes.

My current dentist sent me the attached images of the crack and chip and the xrays. What would you recommend doing now for each tooth? I would like preventative measures to be taken ASAP on the crack to prevent it getting worse. Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

What treatment plan has your dentist suggested?

Advertisement