Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone Gigabox Reset in Bridge Mode

Options
  • 14-01-2022 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have a Vodafone gigabox which is in bridge mode connected to my Netgear modem.

I am trying to reset my Gigabox to factory settings but I can't seem to do this as the bridge mode settings are retained after a pin hole reset and I can't connect directly to the Gigabox interface and factory reset via admin settings via the Gigabox IP as it's in bridge mode - any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jacob_473

Hi mate I’m in the exact same situation as you and wondering if you ever found an answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Hi,

Tried to reset it a couple of times and Vodafone tried to remotely reset it too but no joy.

Had to schedule an engineer to come out and replace it unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jacob_473

Sods law, 5 mins after posting I found out how to do it.

This 30-30-30 method successfuly got it back to the factory settings and out of bridge mod

"When a router is powered on, press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds.While still holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for another 30 secondsWhile still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds."

For anyone else who finds themselves in our shared predicament, here's your answer.

Advertisement