Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from Switzerland

Options
  • 14-01-2022 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Hi everyone. Have been on the hunt for bridal shoes and typically this particular pair are out of stock everywhere. I have however found them in stock (and on sale) from one of the brand’s stores in Switzerland so I’m prepared to fork out on customs as they’ll work out somewhere close to their retail price here. I have a colleague with a UK address so I was wondering if you had any advice on whether customs fees would work out cheaper being delivered to the UK or EU? Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

If it's Bally then they will soon have a shop in Kildare village.

But if buying from Switzerland it's best to ship directly rather than pay UK customs and then pay more customs coming from there to here

Just vat at 23% will be charged.

They may even ship from France or Germany (many Swiss companies do that) and no taxes due.

It will be in their terms and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Thats what I was wondering. However, I’d probably only have to ship it to NI for her to give it to me in work (thus cutting out the extra customs). Not sure if I’m saving much by shipping it to IRL over NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

If Swiss, I would definitely check where they dispatch from. It will have details in their delivery page.

If they do ship from Switzerland then the only difference will be 3% - UK vat 20%, Irish vat 23%.

But the website will have the information

Advertisement