Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De Daily Horse Racing thread

Options
  • 14-01-2022 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭

As it says on the tin lads.....horse racing only. I will put lots of stuff up here for 2022 horse racing only and maybe one bet a day.

First thing to discuss is....SKYBET are now doing a lot of place only betting the night before so I would advise all to take a look plus Williamhill have been for the last few months pricing up racing 48 hours before race so take a look there.

I thought MOVIE KING had a decent enough chance in the first race at Dundalk its drifting a little but at 7s looked a decent ew bet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭del roy

I thought MOVIE KING had a decent enough chance in the first race at Dundalk its drifting a little but at 7s looked a decent ew bet.

2nd 6/1 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Reidy

I'm having a good bet on David O Mearas horse in the 7.00 with Jason Watson riding. (Coolmeen) Had been told that this horse is well handicapped and is one to keep on the right side of and waited along time for it to appear. Opens up 5/2 fav. All I can say is I hope O Meara has it fit and ready to rin a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Reidy

7.30 sorry Wolverhampton.

Good morning

some snippets for today

Marks Bear 14:20 Lingfield (4.00)

Decent record on the AW surfaces with 2 wins and 2 seconds from 4 runs. Just touched off here at the end of November, had a nice break since and with Aidan Keeley booked to claim 7lbs then we come here with a leading chance. Should be bang there. 

Party Business 14:25 Warwick (5.00)

Party Business had just moved into a close second two out in the Challow Hurdle when coming down. Afterwards everyone was praising the wide-margin winner Stage Star but he would have had a real fight if our boy had stood up. This is a big opportunity to show that he would have been a contender at Newbury.

Up For Parol 14:40 Kempton Park (9.00 EW, places up to 7 with Sky)

Up For Parol is a brother to the useful Letsbeclearaboutit; he is out of an unraced sister to the smart West Coast Time. Up For Parol won an Irish Point before winning two novice hurdles last season over 2m. He was 3rd in the Grade 2 Persian War on seasonal debut and we tried him chasing on his next start. That didn't really work, but he appreciated being back over hurdles and won on handicap debut at Haydock last time out. A super jumper, who travels well in his races, I think he could be well suited to Kempton, and should still be off a winnable mark as he is improving.  This £100k race is obviously competitive, but we go there with the team in top form, and have a chance.......

Raddle And Hum 15:23 Wetherby (15.00 EW, WH)

Raddle And Hum has shown plenty of promise in both her first two chases, coming late and fast last time over course and distance. She will love the testing ground and looks fair value in a competitive race.

Only three bets for me today

2.25 Viva Lavilla 2pts e/w 11/2

2.40 BOLD PLAN 2pts e/w 25/1 6 places powers

3.00 Eclair surf 2pts e/w 12/1 hills 5 places

I will put up a few bets to try get a few old names back on here to discuss the racing. As usual, all criticism should be "friendly".

I will continue from todays three bets;

2.25 Viva Lavilla 2pts e/w 11/2 lost

2.40 BOLD PLAN 2pts e/w 25/1 6 places powers lost

3.00 Eclair surf 2pts e/w 12/1 hills 5 places 1st

profit for the day 20.8 pts

Bank 20.8pts

Sunday

1.35 fourth of July 2pts e/w 8/1 skybet 5 places

3.20 Be my dream 1pt e/w 10/1 4 places

3.40 skyhill 2pts e/w 15/2 skybet 3 places

onwards and upwards.

• Advertisement

Add

3.30 sandies dream 1pt e/w 8/1 skybet 4 places

Sunday

1.35 fourth of July 2pts e/w 8/1 skybet 5 places...won two chases here last March when rated 84 and 98 reverts back to hurdling with a rating of 91 less 7LB claim from the jockey. His german sire SALUTINO has had 101 runners in the UK producing 9 winners and 27 places. 26 were chases producing 4 winners and 10 places while 52 were hurdle races producing only two winners and 10 places, ok the win rate is not great however on soft going the record is 13 runners 1 win and 2 places but its a bad race and our fella likes the track and is rated to run well

3.20 Be my dream 1pt e/w 10/1 4 places

3.30 sandies dream 1pt e/w 8/1 skybet 4 places

3.40 skyhill 2pts e/w 15/2 skybet 3 places...Over the last five years trainer Mrs A Hamiliton has run 4 horses at Kelso in handicap chases on soft going resulting in 1 win. SKYHILL is a hurdle and chase course winner. Here's what the racingpost say about the chase win...In touch with leaders on outer, headway going easily and led 2 out (usual 4 out), ridden omitted 2 out, kept on strongly final 110yds (op 2/1 tchd 7/4). That was a class 4 handicap tomorrows race is a class 5

onwards and upwards.

As I was saying earlier SKYBET are doing place betting only pricing the races up about 7.30pm the night before. It is handy for people like myself that like to take a price the night before. As well as backing them in singles I also did acca and treble

1.35 fourth of July 4 places 7/4.....3.30 sandies dream 3 places 9/4.....3.40 skyhill 3 places 6/4.........21.3/1 treble 0.25pt

and

1.35 fourth of July 4 places 7/4.....3.20 be my dream 4 places 2/1....3.30 sandies dream 3 places 9/4.....3.40 skyhill 3 places 6/4

66/1 acca 0.25pt

Post edited by del roy on

some snippets for today

Sunday....

TONY NAP: Kissininthebackrow 14.00 Southwell After a sighter at Newmarket, Kissininthebackrow stepped up a good deal when runner-up at Kempton. She was 66/1 that day but Brian Meehan's filly will be one of the favourites today. Big chance.

Tony Nb: Cherokee Dance 12.25 Southwell Following a long-priced win at Kempton, Cherokee Dance has put in two more creditable second places. She has an obvious chance here off bottom-weight in a tight handicap.

Ian Williams

Cherokee Dance

NB

12:25, Southwell

DEC Odds: 5.4 (Betfair Exchange)

Cherokee Dance has been running consistently and looks fairly handicapped. From the foot of this handicap she could be hard to beat.

Brian Meehan

Kissininthebackrow

NAP

14:00, Southwell

DEC Odds: 8.2 (Betfair Exchange)

I've always liked Kissininthebackrow and was not at all surprised when she ran a good second as a 66/1 chance at Kempton. She can progress again and hopefully gain a first success.

Nicky Richards

Soft Risk

14:10, Kelso

DEC Odds: 1.56 (Betfair Exchange)

Soft Risk is a grand horse who has done nothing wrong so far. I hope all goes well with hm but on everything we know he should take all the beating.

Nicky Richards

Serious Ego

14:40, Kelso

DEC Odds: 9.8 (Betfair Exchange)

I hope the ground will be soft enough for Serious Ego. I had the alternative of a race at Haydock next week he won last year but it seems as though it's going to be another dry week. If they go a decent gallop he could come into the argument.

Only two 2nd placed horses today and a loss of 7pts, back tomorrow with a few.

Bank 13.8pts

Monday

5.30 seas of elzaam 2pts e/w 11/1 skybet

• Advertisement

I thought SEAS OF ELZAAM ran as being saved for another day rather than not being good enough however time will tell as gamblers always have an excuse

Onto today only the one

Hills still going 5 place 14/1 on 2.40 daytime ahead 2pts e/w

Bank 9.8pts

some snippets

TONY NAP:   Miss Fairfax 13.40 Exeter  Miss Fairfax has been placed in both hurdles starts, suggesting a longer trip might suit. The form of her third at Ludlow has been boosted by the narrow winner who has easily defied a penalty since and Hughie Morrison's mare can get her head in front this time.

TONY Nb: Huntsmans Jog 13.10 Exeter   It's probably fair to say that for a smart pointer and decent staying hurdler, Huntsmans Jog's chasing career so far has been rather disappointing considering he is the care of Fergal O'Brien. I think he is ready to win one and this looks a good opportunity.

last updated 10:14 18/01/2022

Sort by: Date/Time | Trainer

TRAINERS QUOTES

Micky Hammond

Elena De La Vega 

Tue 18th Jan 2022

12:50, Newcastle

DEC Odds: 20 (Betfair Exchange)

We run Elena De La Vega here rather than Wetherby where the ground would have been too soft for her first time out. She can run okay on the Tapeta but will be better for the experience.Fergal O'Brien

Huntsmans Jog    

Tue 18th Jan 2022

13:10, Exeter

DEC Odds: 3.45 (Betfair Exchange)

Huntsmans Jog has been running very consistently in these three-mile handicaps without quite managing to get his head in front. He stays very well and ran an excellent race when third in a big field over course and distance last time. Hopefully he will enjoy a change of luck today - he deservs to!Micky Hammond

Trac 

Tue 18th Jan 2022

13:25, Newcastle

DEC Odds: 38 (Betfair Exchange)

There has been a wide disparity between the Trac we see at home and the one who performs on track to pardon the pun. He's been really frustrating but we're dropping him in distance today and hopefully the better ground will also be beneficial. Small chance if he shows a glimmer of that good home work.Hughie Morrison

Miss Fairfax    

Tue 18th Jan 2022

13:40, Exeter

DEC Odds: 1.87 (Betfair Exchange)

The betting suggests this is a two-horse race between Miss Fairfax and Eureka Creek and it could come down to which of the pair is the fitter. Yesterday Miss Fairfax's work rider suggested: "She needs one more". I hope he's wrong!Warren Greatrex

Iconic Rock 

Tue 18th Jan 2022

DEC Odds: 22 (Betfair Exchange)

Iconic Rock, a daughter of Yeats is bred to like this trip. Runner-up in her sole Irish point, this tough mare shows a good attitude and I am looking forward to getting going with her.Kim Bailey

Glancing Glory 

Tue 18th Jan 2022

An Irish point-to-point winner, Glancing Glory ran okay first time out at Uttoxeter and this extra trip should suit. She has place chances..Micky Hammond

Great Ballinboris 

Tue 18th Jan 2022

14:25, Newcastle

Great Ballinboris is a very nice horse and he made a bright start to his career when fourth in a similar bumper at Wetherby the other day. He will have learnt plenty from that and I give him a good each-way shout today when he's our best chance of a winner.Nicky Richards

Uncle Alastair    Non runner

Tue 18th Jan 2022

14:55, Newcastle

DEC Odds: 3.3 (Betfair Exchange)

Non-runnerMicky Hammond

Dis Donc 

Tue 18th Jan 2022

14:55, Newcastle

DEC Odds: 36 (Betfair Exchange)

Dis Donc was a cheap buy out of Noel Meade's yard and has had his share of issues. He's run two modest races so far and as he might not stay this longer trip, we're prepared for another. Even so if he manages to complete, even last of four would mean he will have recouped his purchase price already. Meanwhile his rating has been dropping - it needed to - so there are possibilities further down the line if we keep on top of his problems. Ali Stronge

Ardmayle 

Tue 18th Jan 2022

15:10, Exeter

DEC Odds: 17.5 (Betfair Exchange)

Ardmayle has been a good servant but he's now ten. That said he retains his enthusiasm and now we're able to run him in 0-100 grade. He's better over fences but opportunities are few and far between at the moment so we're giving him a run over hurdles. He was struck into last time, so there's a reasonable excuse for his performance. I'd be happy if he finished in the first five and will look for a chance over fences after today.Nicky Richards

Bullion Boss 

Tue 18th Jan 2022

15:25, Newcastle

DEC Odds: 9 (Betfair Exchange)

Bullion Boss is quite consistent but he has to come very late, basically right on the post. He's not one to have your mortgage on but he is capable of being there or thereabouts at the finish.Micky Hammond

Penpal 

Tue 18th Jan 2022

DEC Odds: 140 (Betfair Exchange)

After a promising start for us early last season Penpal has become very disappointing. He has dropped a long way in the handicap and I'm hopeful this step up in trip will be helpful. I'm sure he will have his day eventually and if it happened to be today it would be at a very big price.Micky Hammond

Furax 

Tue 18th Jan 2022

DEC Odds: 120 (Betfair Exchange)

Furax has been off for almost a year with a leg injury. He ran only once after joining from France where he won a hurdle and a chase. He will need the outing today.

Bank 5.8pts

3.35 little red lion 2pts e/w 18/1 powers 5 places.

3.35 little red lion 2pts e/w 18/1 powers 5 places. 6th

Bank 1.8

7.35 intoxication 2pts e/w 22/1 skybet 4 places

Bank -2.2pts

Well the horses I am picking are running like dogs but we will just plod on hoping we turn the corner.

4.00 GET PREPARED 2PTS E/W 6/1 Skybet 4 places

Get Prepared loves the better ground and has been crying out for three miles. He gets both today and iooks the one to beat from the right end of this handicap.

Bank -6.2pts

2.07 Now is the winter 10/1 2pts e/w skybeyt/powers

7.30 intoxication 2pts e/w 25/1 skybet 4 places (bet given last night)

2.07 Now is the winter 10/1 2pts e/w skybeyt/powers 2nd 12/1

Advertisement