Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mechanical Extract Ventilation (MEV)

• 14-01-2022 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking at getting extractor fans for 3 bathrooms fitted. Nothing there currently, apart from windows, so place steams up. Had initially planned 3 inline fans but recently began looking at MEV systems which can take 3 inlets.

My setup is a bit of a pain as the bathrooms are upstairs and there is a converted attic above it. So I need to run the ducting between the joists under the attic floor to the crawl spaces at the front/back of the house where they'd connect to the MEV. The ducting runs could be quite long and have a few bends but I was told by one company selling them that it shouldn't be a problem.

So anyone here installed an MEV system in a similar situation? Long-ish runs, bends etc? Given that the MEV is continuously drawing air in from all the vents in low power, does it make the rooms colder at all? Also, is there much/any noise from the ducting?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Or... does anyone have the through the wall type vents installed and have no issues with cold drafts or noise? Those are the main reasons I wanted to avoid them, but if they are better these days, it might be an easier option....

Advertisement