Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilshane Cross

Options
  • 13-01-2022 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what's happening at Kilshane Cross? Closed one way for 6 months for "realignment works" but I can't find anything further online bar a reference in the Fingal Development Plan to an "MP12A - Kilshane Masterplan" .. which isn't in the list of plans here: https://www.fingal.ie/council/service/local-area-plans-and-masterplans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

I came through there yesterday from the N2 side and it looks like they're erecting a new warehouse of some sort (it almost looks like a hanger considering the size/height of it?) along with widening part of the road (the N2 end).

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TomasM

Very little info provided in Ireland for this type of project. It is two years or more since I had taken this route to the airport. The way back from the airport to the N2 is not available as it used to be and with poor Alternative signage.

Looks like it's closed until the 8th of July: Fingal CC TRC Newtown Link Road L1325 10x2 Gaz.indd

July 8th was missed but I noticed today that this has finally re-opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Yeah, re-opened during the week.

Very difficult to see what caused it to take nearly seven months. Less than 450m of widening and a new surface.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Does anyone know who is constructing the warehouses? They're massive. I'm assuming they're warehouses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'm amazed it took that long; why weren't the locals (e.g. in newtown cottages) up in arms about that? that was the slowest minor road realignment i've ever seen; for weeks on end at times, there was no work being done on the road.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I was a bit taken aback myself over how little the junction actually changed. I was expecting a huge redesign given the length of the road closure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yeah, i think they worked on less than 400m of road in the end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement