Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a PS5 instore

Options
  • 13-01-2022 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

just wondering does anyone know what the situation is with buying a PS5 instore rather than online, in regards to if there are waiting lists? GameStop is the only option near me and I would prefer to buy in a shop rather than online as most of the online drops seem to be bundles with things I don't want. Does anyone know if you can walk into a GameStop and put your name on a waiting list for when they come into the store, or is online being prioritised? I'm not in a rush to get one, so I don't mind waiting a few months on a list if needs be.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Unless GameStop have changed their policy in recent months it is online only.

I would assume even if they did have stock in-store it would be the same offers as online btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

Ah I figured as much, but thanks. I was hoping maybe there was a waitlist for consoles only, since that's not really something they can do online, but I understand with all the shortages and everything they're like gold dust. As I said I'm not in any rush, there's only a couple of PS5 exclusives I want to play at the moment, so I can wait until they're more freely available.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You can definitely buy a console only online, GameStop have definitely done this in at least some of their releases.

Keep an eye on Smyths too. That's where I got mine, and I bought only the console with no bundle. Argos is another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

Will do! I know the last few online drops have been bundles only (aside from Smyths doing collection orders yesterday, but there's no Smyths near me), but to be fair that was the run up to Christmas so I suppose they were trying to sell as many accessories/games as possible, might be different in the coming months. I'm following that PS5_Ireland Twitter account anyway so hopefully I'll get notified of his tweets in time when consoles are released on their own. Thanks again.

Advertisement