Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SkinCare

Options
  • 13-01-2022 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Looking for skincare recommends for my face. i'm 44 and I'm fortunate to have good skin.

Unfortunately despite my attempts I don't look 25 anymore - looking for recommend on anti aging or just good skin products that you have used.

I have a decent shaving routine I use various products from this brand which I think works well https://www.shaving.ie/products/proraso-shaving-cream.html

But was thinking more daily care. I would only shave one a week (at most) unless I'd a reason to be clean-shaven.

I currently use nothing bar my daily shower.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭bureau2009

I have little or no time for skin care products, especially EXPENSIVE skin care products.

I use Silcock's Base (widely available for a few euros) before wetting my face when shaving. I have great comfort shaving - no nicks - and my skin looks good. And that's my skincare sorted!

ALL dermatologists recommend sunscreen/sunblock. I don't follow this advice myself - but I am very careful to cover up in the sun. I recommend a peaked cap or floppy hat and possibly good sunglasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭foxsake

I have learned a new word today : cosmetologist

A cosmetologist is an expert in applying cosmetic procedures, therapies, and treatments to beautify one's outer appearance., and implementing cosmetic treatments to people's hair, skin, and nails.

Thanks

I'm kinda like that - I don't wear sunblock myself unless abroad in a hot place - med or africa.

Plenty of silcocks at home but never thought of using it on my face. interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

I always exfoliate with a face scrub before I shave. It cleans around the hair and prevents red bumps from shaving. I find it also helps with blackheads - I've always had acne-prone skin.

Aside from that reducing the heat when showering to cool, even cold, water I find helps my skin.

Advertisement