Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can't find how to file CGT for gains made in 2021

• 13-01-2022 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi All,

Please allow me to pick your brains.

I sold ETF holdings via DeGiro with a profit of about 7k in 2021 and am trying to figure out how to file a return on either ROS or Revenue.ie for over a month now.

I am PAYE employed but also registered on ROS. On ROS my CGT Status is Ceased and no CGT related forms appear in the drop down menu, when trying to complete a form online.

On some of the guides re filing the return via myAccount on Revenue.ie it shows the Form12 under PAYE services but it is just not there for me.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction to find where to file the return?

I would not have thought that trying to pay the state would be so cumbersome.

Many thanks,

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Once you're registered on ROS for Form 11 you can't file the eForm 12 on PAYE. Whether you should be registered for ROS is another matter, that may have come from some previous non-PAYE source which required registration and if there is no longer such then that can be cancelled with just PAYE filing going forward.

The CGT filing for 2021 once registered for ROS is part of the Form 11. It's not a separate return. So you'll need to complete that with all relevant 2021 income & claims and then you can also then input the CGT items.

Separately regarding the actual payment of CGT if you had CGT taxable gains in 2021 then any CGT should be paid by 15/12/21 if the gains were between 01/01/21 and 30/11/21 and by 31/01/22 for gains in December 2021. So generally the payment is made on ROS then the return is filed and once the liability is paid the assessment will issue with nil balance. You may need to put in a MyEnquiry through ROS to recommence the CGT registration for payments to be recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭morninwood

Thanks. I have an enquiry open with revenue. They are not particularly good with replies though.

Advertisement