Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must-win lottery draw this Saturday

Options
  • 12-01-2022 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭

Will you be playing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I will of course 👍🙌🙌

• Registered Users Posts: 81,738 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Makes no sense at all, just because this is won doesn't mean it will go on after this for another 6-7 months unwon. They should either reduce the numbers in the draw to make it easier to win or they should have allowed the jackpot to increase each week forever so it becomes more attractive to win.

Proper joke regulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,691 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

It's just down to probability if the jackpot kept increasing it gets to a point where a syndicate could in theory scoop the lot by playing every number combination.

I think this happened in the past and guessing where the limit came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Capped jackpots will only continue for five draws in the future.

Do these game changes means that we will not see a Lotto jackpot roll for as long in future?

In the future, should the Lotto exceed the current jackpot cap of €19.06 million in any given draw, that amount will become the new Lotto jackpot cap and any excess which would usually be added to the jackpot would flow down to the next prize tier at which there is a winner. Under the new Lotto game rules, the Lotto jackpot will remain capped for a maximum of five draws and if there is no outright jackpot winner on the fifth draw at cap, the entire jackpot fund flows down to the next winning prize tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'd imagine that's why the limit is €19 million. Some article I just googled puts the number of combinations in the Irish lotto at 10,737,572. At €2 a line, that's €21,475,144. Not sure how much extra you'd win for all the smaller prizes on other tickets, but as the prizes below the jackpot are pathetic, I can't imagine it would be a massive amount. Sounds like it wouldn't be worth the hassle, the liklihood of missing 1 combination and that being the winning one, down €20 million...

I'll be doing it anyway. Can't see any other way of getting rich quick! Odds are never in my favour, but one can hope. Not guaranteed must win yet I think, still pending approval.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Go into the bookies and stick the money on any horse at random - you probably won't win, but still an order of magnitude more likely of winning than buying a lottery ticket.

Plus, the excitement will continue until the end of the race (whereas with the lotto, it's normally done and dusted with the calling of the first number).

• Registered Users Posts: 55,027 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What’s the bonus number?

5 + bonus?

did Irish lottery first time just there. Picked two lines of 6 numbers per line..

They’re talking about 5 numbers + bonus number. What are my bonus numbers?

I'd give McGregor a million of it if he let me punch him square in the nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,285 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

what happened previously was they had a guaranteed prize of £100 for matching 4 numbers as a one-off. this made it profitable enough for someone to try to buy up all the possible combinations of numbers. From memory they didn't even have to win the jackpot to come out ahead. the prizes for the match 4 were enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The lottery is nothing more than an idiot tax.

I bought my ticket this morning.

• Advertisement

Since its must win its probably 5 and the bonus which is the same odds really is it? Its 5 numbers but then you can get two different numbers to win? Anyone have the odds?

If its match 5 numbers its 1 in 1.5 million of winning

Four and bonus same odds 1.5 million.

Match four 1 in 180,000 odds

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

They’re extra numbers drawn after the 6 main numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I can't believe nobody posted this already but one person in this country has won the whole jackpot of €19.06 million. The location of the winner has not been disclosed yet by The National Lottery.

Bah humbug

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Freddie Mcinerney

OK it's late. Recent Leaving Cert students should answer.

Match 6 is 47 factural 6. Match 5 plus bonus be, I think, 47 factural 5 times 41 factural 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

so which one of you fukers won it???😶

• Registered Users Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

It was me who won it but my dog ate the tkt. So the €19m will be staying with the organizers.

maybe that's because there is another Lottery thread in After Hours which is much bigger and has pages of banter and results (for this €19m anyway)............... called "is the lotto too hard to win?" anyway no more Irish lottery for me after winning €3! Its BoyleSports from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I scanned my ticket on the app this morning.....

" Not a winning ticket.....thank you for contributing to good causes"

It should say...."thank you for contributing to the Canadian Pension fund....SUCKER!

Post edited by StevenToast on

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Not one who follows any of the draws or data on numbers but it does seem to me that the very long rollover caused sales to decline, meaning it was even less likely to be won and that this must win draw caused a surge in sales so it was won.

• Advertisement

You can look back on the Lotto site at the results. There is no evidence in the number of winners in more recent times to support that theory.

More recent times is nearly a year ago! I am just going off anecdotal comments but apparently 27 million lines were sold for this draw. 22 times more than the same draw last week. That suggests some level of merit in my musings! You can't have the public believing it's a draw that will never be won and Durkan in his own way did them all a favour!

It won't tell how many tickets were sold. But all along there was an 80% chance in every draw that the jackpot would not be won. In normal times the jackpot was rolled over. When it was capped, the money from the sales which would have topped up the next rollover went instead to prizes. If the sales fell a lot, the number of those prizes would also have fallen a lot. But that never happened. And the long established pattern of more sales and more prizes on Saturdays compared to Wednesdays also continued.

Edited post with ticket sales info. Statistically likely to have been a win yesterday. If the weekly sales are that low it's definitely going to roll over for quite a bit.

Winning tkt sold in Mayo. Sweet revenge for all the all-Ireland final losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^

a certain Fr Ted Crilly won it

I heard the winning tkt was bought in the Spar shop on top of Croagh Patrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,190 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Was sold in Mayo.

To a fella from Tyrone on his holidays.

Jackpot (6 numbers): 1 in 10,737,573

5 numbers + bonus: 1 in 1,789,596

5 numbers: 1 in 44,740

4 numbers + bonus: 1 in 17,896

4 numbers: 1 in 918

3 numbers + bonus: 1 in 688

3 numbers: 1 in 54

2 numbers + bonus: 1 in 72

Taken from https://www.lottoland.ie/magazine/irish-lotto-odds.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Coralcoras

Did anyone spot the sequence in the lotto numbers yet?

Advertisement