Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop uses credit note to get around Minimum Unit Pricing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

I'd love to see a few people insist on using the credit note to buy 3 packs of fags where margin is miniscule.

But possibly he gets you to agree to the t&cs before purchase.

Novel concept, but I suspect it will be knocked back somehow

I agree it's a novel approach, I'm just not sure how he can limit the use of the credit note to just 3 products, regardless of whatever T&C he specifies.

Can a credit note be limited like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Allinall

I would have thought, yes, he can limit the credit note use.

It's his shop, so he can make the rules.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

This "credit note" will be found to be a voucher and hence not legit under other provisions of the same bill which prohibit the use of vouchers to buy alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,933 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Featured on the liveline show today, great crack on the Thread, shop owner was on, Joe had a mini melt down , ironic given he had a great laugh earlier in the week with a clown on SW buying up €700 worth of Canned Guinness to avoid MUP

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

This sounds like the shebeen where there was free drink, provided you rented a glass from which to consume the free drink. The rent for the glass varied according to the type of beverage it was supplied with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

How can you get a credit note for more than you paid out? Don't credit notes equate to the value of goods paid for and returned for an accepted valid reason? Whatever workaround of the alcohol law is being tried here, I don't see how it can be described as a credit note.

Definition of credit note from Citizens Information - "A credit note is a paper or electronic note issued by a business to a customer in place of a refund".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Promotion is over. HSE called shop owner to say what he was doing was against the spirit of the law (so technically not illegal) and he ended the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

I suspect Gala hq called too and a quiet word from the local Garda relating to how they would see his application for license renewal next September

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No law was broken here btw. Amazing how the OP disappeared after this with 0 post count.

Almost like the hands of the zealots again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

The post you were responding to is two years old, we've moved on.

Advertisement