Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbon assembly paste

Options
  • 12-01-2022 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Need to get some carbon assembly paste. (Carbon seatpost/frame) Any particular brands better than others? Are there any alternatives that can be used in place of the above.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,220 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I've used Morgan Blue Carbon Paste and yes...its Blue!

In the past i've also sanded down the inside if a carbon frame and clamped the seat post without using any paste at all. It didn't slip, but i would not recommend doing this unless to remove/refit the seatpost on a regular basis. (i did it on a bike I put into a bike box while travelling)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pk998

Halfords own brand, probably the best bang for your buck:

Though it's a small enough tube, I literally ended up using about 3/4 of the tube on my seatpost...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Hairspray will do the job. Spray onto seatpost, let dry and fit. Mine has been in place for 5 years now with a squirt of Elnett

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Picked up a tube of hslfords own brand this evening. Seat post removed, cleaned and paste applied. Hopefully this will sort out the annoying creeking noise.

On this matter, would a carbon seatpost in a carbon frame creek if torque setting was too tight?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,643 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

make sure it's not the saddle creaking rather than the seatpost; i spent weeks chasing down a creak only to learn it was the saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MTU

You should have cycled the bike without the seat to eliminate the noise.

Advertisement