Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia Interview Post Primary

Options
  • 12-01-2022 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi There,

I have an interview for the Hibernia Post Primary PME coming up. My subject will be business.

I can't find much information on what subject-specific questions will be asked. Does anybody have any experience of this and would like to shed some like on your experience?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 newera22

Hi M90, I am in the same boat with interview in Business coming up.

I'm just wondering if you have had your interview or have found out any more information for the interview rleating to subject or generally!?

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 M90

HI newera22,

I haven't found out much more but have my interview on Wednesday morning so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 M90

OK.. so jotting this down before I forget

Nothing on the syllabus apart from what do you think would be the most enjoyable and difficult to teach.

How would you deal with a disruptive student?

How would you deal with a student who made a racist remark to another?

What qualities can you bring to teaching?

What skills would a good teacher have?

Who was your favourite teacher and why?

How would you ensure engagement from students?

How would you know they are engaged in what you are teaching?

What brings you to teaching?

Can you tell us about a time when you had a conflict in work?

What would you do if a team member (school setting) had a differing opinion than you?

How will you manage your workload / commitments?

What is the biggest challenge in teaching today?

How would you encourage a student to take business?

What positive impact have you made in work?

To be frank... I spent far too long looking at the syllabus. It barely came up. I'd focus on classroom management, challenges in teaching and why you want to teach.

Advertisement