Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICF Cost Comparison Vs Blocks

Options
  • 11-01-2022 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to build a decent sized shed and am looking at options. (~40sqm)

I've priced a steel shed, but think a block would be better. The problem is getting a block layer nowadays and even then, I've heard some are €3.50+ per block.

Has anyone a rough cost comparison for ICF? I know it's overkill for a shed, but I'd be able to do it myself and would also save on the cost of insulation, etc.

Is there much of a difference when it comes to roof detail, or is it similar to a block option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Interested to find out this myself as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

ICF isn't the solution for a shed, the insulated blocks need to be finished inside and out creating far more cost and if you want to put up shelving etc you'll have to try and fix back to the concrete core plus rebar is mad money at the moment. Are you sure you aren't confusing ICF with shuttered in situ concrete walls?

Steel will be your cheapest option, don't need to do any finishes to it compared to plastering block walls but steel has downsides too with condensation and insulation levels, whats the shed for?

Advertisement