Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WFH and power supply if power failure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Not a bad option. But does your pc or laptop always have to be connected?

Like for me, my current low-tech set up is that if power goes... just keep the laptop battery charged up and then switch to hotspot on phone. Should buy a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Yeah its only as a back up. Working on Desktop and laptop around charged up so more a case if someone else is using the laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Also, keep a battery around for your phone. I have two of those 20,000mAh batteries, since my (quite old) phone drains the battery fast while hotspotting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,541 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If your mains power goes, will you really be worried about work? What about heating, cooking, lighting and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,446 ✭✭✭✭kippy

If your power goes so does your isps router etc. Possibly a bigger issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

12 V battery / inverter with a feed back to my EV which is 58 KW, normally have charged

I can power the router and the computers and the wood pellet stove

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Yeah if electricity goes it could be a trip to the chipper for food and fathers house for Heat

more of a stop gap for a bit and hotspot phone for internet

Advertisement