Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best insurance company for old house listed on the national inventory of architectural heritage

Options
  • 11-01-2022 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have recently purchased an old house that is listed on the national inventory of architectural heritage. I'm currently doing some research and will begin shopping around for insurance. As the property is listed, the options with regards to choice of insurance companies is not massive. I was wondering if anyone here would be able to suggest any insurance companies that they believe offer good value, service, support, etc for this type of property?

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I had to get a quote for a NIAH recorded (but not protected structure) house, didn't buy it as its planning status was absolutely mangled amongst other things; First Ireland were able to obtain one.

Seperately, Quote Devil have been decent for an over 190 year old holiday house - they specifically advertise as covering older properties.

Both are brokers not insurers directly but this sort of case is where you want to use a broker.

Advertisement