Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mini tornado in my locality

Options
  • 11-01-2022 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭

Lasy friday morning ,a mini tornado hit our village .It damaged roofs,cars,sucked out a window in local shop .whipped a roof off a workshop and its contents inside and continued further down to fields where it knocked trees.No one were injured and its path was pretty narrow with the damage confined to a path roughly 50 feet .Would the likes of this have happed often before in this country?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,080 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

If you go to the thunderstorm thread, Meteorite has a nice piece on it in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sunset

You could look at a book just published, "Irish Tornadoes and Waterspouts: Ancient and modern" for some previous examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

there's a fella in UCC who's compiling firsthand reports, if I find his name and contact details I'll share in PM

edit: sent his email via PM, I think he'd be genuinely interested in hearing your experience

edit2: same fella as book author above!

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Advertisement