Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate Bombe for hot chocolate

Options
  • 10-01-2022 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

Hi

Has anyone made chocolate bombe's please for hot chocolate and could give me some advice?

I bought the silicon mould and did a test run with a mixture of melted Bourneville and Dairymilk.

I found it hard enough to coat the moulds and they needed three coats, so the shell was quite thick/dense.

Also, I'm not a fan of hot chocolate, so I don't really know what it should taste like.

I bought a tub of Dairymilk hot chocolate powder and mini marshmallows for the filling, does that sound right?

How far in advance could I make them and how should I store them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,302 ✭✭✭phormium

Use a better chocolate for starters, use a higher cocoa solids content and it will melt thinner and be easier spread, I'd suggest something around 50% cocoa solids in the Moser Rother from Aldi or the Lidl ones, can't remember their brand. You don't want a really sweet chocolate as the powder is already sweetened.

I would just store at room temp when made in something airtight, should last a couple of weeks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Advertisement