Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming query - toilets

• 10-01-2022 5:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey, new to this.

So I've recently acquired land, I'm looking to put an office or shead so when we are up on the land organising it for the future animals, crop etc that we have somewhere to shelter from the weather, eat and go the bathroom. Covid made it difficult to be able to use public facilities, understandably.

Does anyone know where I would even start seeking help?

Our local councils have not responded to emails, and I'm yet to hear back from IFA.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Once certain conditions are met, agricultural buildings are exempt from planning.

You may get more help in the farming forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,235 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I doubt a building such as this would be exempt, as the toilets will require foul drainage, wastewater treatment, water supply etc.

I would advise engaging an architect, engineer or building surveyor who do planning permissions and at least sound them out on what you're looking for, your budget, site location etc. They could send in a pre-planning submission to the council who would then advise of the viability, what you need to carry out/include which will help a planning submission etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,308 ✭✭✭✭muffler

No, only buildings used for the housing of animals, machinery, crops/grain etc are exempt from planning. An office type building as described will need planning as will the associated sewage treatment system. As Penn suggested employ a local professional.

Advertisement