Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hospital Records - 1911 Census

Options
  • 09-01-2022 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭

Is there anymore information available other than the patient's name?

I found a possible match for an ancestor on the Merrion Street Hospital list. The person being a minor aged 14 and the name is fairly common. Was a record kept of parents of such patients or home addresses?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

You would need to find out whether the Merrion St hospital records still exist. Medical records are sealed for 100 years after the last entry, though family can make (usually successful) FOI requests to get hold of them.

The RCPI archive might be a good starting point. I know they have Sir Patrick Dun's hospital and a few others.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Xander10

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

(Royal College of Physicians of Ireland) for those who don't know them.

Have records on doctors, medical directories.

Their archivist, Harriet Wheelock, is excellent.

Very small reading room space so I imagine they're not letting people in at the moment. Even before the pandemic, they did appointments to manage it. It's literally 2 desks.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement