Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT - anyone use the cancellation list

• 09-01-2022 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I'm due NCT mid Feb, but went on early to check availability (Dublin). So I would not even have been notified until prob next week. Nothing available until until mid April already. There is an option to provide your details if you can't get one near you. Has anyone used this. Wondering the likelyhood of getting a cancellation and what type of notice do you even get

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80,799 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Try checking online around 9.30pm when cancelled tests are returned to the pool each day, have found this best way to secure a test fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tibia

I was in a similar situation and they put my name on the priority list. Heard nothing from them after two days so logged on late one night and found a slot in 7 days time 😎

I was due NCT in early December..The first I could get online was14th February..I contacted them by phone,got a date the following week for December 20th...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

I made a bags of it, thought my NCT wasn't due till May. However, on 29/12 I realised it was due 29/01/22, went online first available appointment was mid Feb. Rang them on 30/12 and she said she'd put me on a priority list. On 5th Jan got a text for an appointment for the day before current one expires. The system works (for me, anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Exact same for me, they gave me a slot for the day before expiration.

• Advertisement
Advertisement