Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigablue X3 4K stuck on splash screen

Options
  • 09-01-2022 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,

Hope this is the correct forum to post this in. I bought a Gigablue X3 4K recently and I have been messing about with it. I plugged in an external hard drive into it on Friday and every since, it’s stuck on its boot screen. It won’t boot or it won’t respond to any command. I contacted Gigablue and their response was to flash it with a bat file they sent me. I’ve prepped a USB key appropriately (fully formatted to FAT32 etc) yet it won’t load the image. My understanding was to kill the power, plug in the USB key and reapply power and it should flash itself. Am I doing something wrong? I tried flashing an openATV image too and it did nothing either. Literally all I’m doing is either just putting the bat file on the stick on its own or the openATV image on the stick fully extracted on its own as per German guides I’ve come across.

Anyone got any ideas?

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Apogee

I don't own one of these, but from my own experience of flashing receivers, it's always worth trying different USB sticks. Some receivers/usb sticks work fine, and others don't.

Secondly, many receivers require holding a button (or combination of buttons) on power up to force flash/update. Here's the info for the X3 H where you must hold down the standby button at the right time - may be worth trying

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ldap

That’s great. However, my issue is this: “As soon as the BLUE LED starts flashing press the STANDBY button on the front panel of the receiver to start the flashing process.”

The blue LED doesn’t flash at all. It just stays red. I’ve tried a few sticks already. I guess I’ll just keep trying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Apogee

Presumably if you remove the external HDD, the problem remains?

Worth trying some bigger satellite forums, especially with Gigablue-dedicated sections. From a quick search, a red LED could indicate a corrupt bootloader:

Some posts have suggested that the red LED can also be caused by a faulty PSU.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ldap

Thabks Apogee, So after spending a week messing with the receiver I’ve managed to get it working again with a file Gigablue sent me. Turns out the file structure I was using on the usb was wrong. When extracting, you do need to leave everything inside the Gigablue folder structure. I was just dumping the files from the last folder onto the stick without putting them in folders (which I thought was the correct thing to do. I think the instructions in German did say that but I translated them incorrectly)

Anyway it’s back working again. I used a 1GB USB key formatted in FAT32 with the smallest allocation unit size I could select and then dumped the whole Gigablue folder onto the key and bobs your uncle, it started flashing as soon as I applied power!

Advertisement