Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever sleep in a camper van or something where a machine runs constantly throughout the night?

Options
  • 08-01-2022 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭

Camper vans come equipped with generators I understand?

You power them up outside and they run on gasoline.

And you sleep in the same square meter as the fridge freezer.

So there's two sound emitting devices.

I'm sure there a few summer vacationers that spent a few months in one of these or its equivalent.

Did you lose much sleep?

In physics we trust....... (as insanely difficult to decipher as it may be)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

No gasoline here, only pitrl.

U turn the jenny off before you go to sleep. I slept in a house where the fridge was quite noisy so I sold it on DoneDeal and bought a quieter one

• Registered Users Posts: 22,065 ✭✭✭✭Esel

FFS. How many threads have you started on your issue?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

In physics we trust....... (as insanely difficult to decipher as it may be)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭.red.

I've slept in a tent with an electric cool box and a small blow heater running and it didn't keep me awake.

I've also slept in a tent where the guy in the pitch across from me was snoring and that did keep me awake.

My wife has slept in a tent where I'm snoring next to her and that kept her awake. I had a great sleep tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,065 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Don't know. Same site though. 🎧

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

i've slept under a big institutions boiler house

• Registered Users Posts: 34,258 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

At a serviced campsite you plug into the electric power provided.

Or do this

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Even if you're not on a campsite, you have leisure batteries to run the base load that would be required through the night, no need for a generator through the night ever. A generator would typically only be used for a short period to charge the batteries or to run a high power appliance. Very few campers bother with generators at all these days, solar panels keep the batteries charged.

As for the fridge, absorption fridges that are typical in campers don't have a motor/compressor so don't make a typical fridge noise.

That's the technical answer I'll leave it at that.

Advertisement