Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breitling Superocean Heritage

• 08-01-2022 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi folks,

long time reader of the forum but never posted. After a lot of looking and thinking I am hoping to pick up a Breitling Superocean Heritage. Budget is c.2.5 -3k

I found one on Chrono24 https://www.chrono24.com/breitling/-breitling----a1732124g717154a-ss---200m472--id21323721.htm

any thoughts on why the above is so cheap?

are there any watch outs that I need to be aware of if I am buying from Japan? I know I will have to pay VAT & Customs.

appreciate any thoughts/views.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

By the time you factor in import duties, VAT and shipping, stuff from Japan isn't that cheap. Also, if the paperwork isn't right, it will get sent right back.

Also, Chrono24 prices ar often anything from 10-20% above what you see elsewhere, due to the assurances fo the escrow service.

Is it much cheaper than those elesehwere?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Runner_11

Thanks for the reply.

On Chrono24 there is a difference of about $300 between a Japanese and Spanish dealer. I suppose you pay that extra for the security of the escrow account, but if I can save 10% ill be happy.

Any other sites worth looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Advertisement