Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roccat mouse randomly disconnecting

Options
  • 08-01-2022 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

So I've a Roccat Nyth, 4/5 years old I'd say but it's been a pure nuisance the last 2ish weeks. Constantly disconnecting from the PC and my ears are ringing at this stage from the windows disconnecting sound. Granted it's an MMO mouse and it wouldn't be so bad if it was disconnecting while I was playing that sort of game but I also use it for CSGO/Rust and needless to, that makes it a bit of an issue.

The mouse disconnects when I'm in a game or in windows homepage but seems to disconnect more often with faster, more frequent movements, aka CSGO. I tested it on my sister's PC and it worked perfectly and when I plugged it back into my PC, it was good to go again. Made 0 sense but I wasn't going to question it.

The mouse has gradually gotten worse again now, to the point where it'll cut out every 15ish seconds while gaming and I've no idea what to do. Uninstalled Roccat swarm to no effect, uninstalled mouse drivers through device manager and it doesn't seem to be any weird EMI either. Tried tinkering with a few power management options that I can't even remember to no effect either. My keyboard is also Roccat but seems to be unaffected.

Any help much appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

EDIT: The mouse rarely disconnect in windows and other apps but happens very often on Rust/CSGO

Tried another mouse on my computer playing CSGO and works perfectly. At a loss here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Is this a wired mouse? Is it plugged directly to the PC, or through some USB hub?

I had a similar issue with the USB disconnect/reconnect sound making me crazy to the point I had them muted in System Sounds. Turned out to be an external USB hub which I had bought in Curry's. With the devices connected directly to the PC, the problem went away.

Wired mouse plugged directly into motherboard and also tried with front IO of phanteks P360A so no USB hub craic going on. Completely lost with it.

Tried rolling back some windows updates but no joy. Might try a few bios updates because wasn't ryzen having some usb connectivity issues at some point?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Take a real good look at the connector at the end? Logically, "faster" movements would mean cable stress and a slight increase in power draw. Jiggling the cable too, see if there is a break in it. I doubt it's the PC that is doing it, unless you have a 5v power problem in the PC.

• Advertisement

Finally nailed it down to it being the connection between the mouse and wire that is shagged. Just caught the wire and shoved it into the mouse as hard as I could and she seems to be good now. Any long term solution or will I just see how long it lasts

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Open the mouse to see if you can remake the contacts.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement