Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Sale: Folding bike - Tern Verge P10

Options
  • 08-01-2022 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

I bought this new in December 2018, so just over 3 years old now. Had great plans but unfortunately I just haven't managed to use the bike at all, I'd say it has covered maybe 300km max. I generally look after my bikes very well, but unfortunately this one has a cosmetic mark on the frame as per photos, just caused due to the folding nature and storage rather than in use.

This was supplied with the Tern mudguards and cost me a shade under € 1600.

Bit of a niche market I suspect but if you know your Tern bikes, the P10 is a cut above the basic models.

Asking € 700. Based in Dublin and prefer collection but willing to meet within reason around central Dublin - not willing to consider postage etc but assume nobody would want that anyway.

Trying to figure out how to insert photos.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Open to offers on this if I've got the pricing wrong, lovely little bike that absolutely flies along

Any thoughts or comments on this at all?

Any time I try to sell stuff I always try to price fairly /slightly on the low side. Presumably this just isn't in demand, better off moving to the likes of done deal etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

Looks like a great deal for someone looking for one. I wonder if demand is a bit less at the moment with so many people working from home though?

That's a good point which I hadn't thought of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I think it's also a case of a limited market for this bike. If you are really commuting and taking it on a train etc you might be better off going for a Brompton. If you are not, do you need the folding bike in the first place?

Which leads to my second point of many of us on here have a fleet of different bikes for different purposes, maybe you'd have more luck on Adverts or Facebook Marketplace?

It would be a great bike for someone who doesn't have storage at home or at work, or who needs to put it into a car boot from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭TeaScone

Hello Wersal Gummage! I hope you won't take this as being a cheeky offer, it is not intended to be. I would be prepared to offer €500 for it subject to inspection, and I could collect tomorrow during the day or Saturday during the early part of the day. I wasn't really in the market for a another bike - I have two - but it would be handy to have for doing messages that are a little too far to walk to get and would, therefore, enable me avoid having to use the car. Kind regards, TeaScone.

Hi Tea Scone,

Not cheeky at all, something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

I'm the opposite of you, trying to whittle down the collection! Was at 5 recently, down to 3 and if you take this I'll be down to 2...

I think this is worth more than €500 but if I don't accept your offer there's every chance it'll not have been used in another 12 months so it isn't really worth anything to me. That's a long way of trying to bring myself to say I will accept your offer!

Send me a message if you see this to arrange

Thanks

Hi Wersal Gummage!

Thanks for responding. I received your PM and have sent a reply.

Kind regards, TeaScone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,480 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the benefit of selling here is that you're less likely to get tyre kickers or time wasters; but the drawback is that it's a much smaller audience than the likes of adverts, so if there's no one here in the market for that sort - or, generally, size - of bike, you'll see nothing but tumbleweed.

• Advertisement

Hello Wersal Gummage!

I just wanted to let you that I am very pleased with my purchase of the P10 and that it was a pleasure doing business you.

Kind regards,

TeaScone.

Advertisement