Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Sale: Velo Orange Hammered Fenders 35mm 700c, Noir (black!)

Options
  • 08-01-2022 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

As per title. Bought these new before Christmas from a website (as per link below) in Germany, having looked around online this was cheapest I could find them. Cost me 100 euro delivered. Unfortunately they don't work for me and I've thrown out packaging etc. Apart from messing about with the front one in the shed for an hour, they are unused and as new.

https://www.santucci-cycles.com/product/velo-orange-hammered-fenders-35mm-700c/?v=3a52f3c22ed6

Any interest at € 70 ?? Collection only in Dublin or can arrange to meet up within reason around central Dublin - not willing to post, sorry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Alanbt

How come didn’t work for you? What bike trying to fit to, fratello?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Ah, a combination of things.

I only tried the front guard, suspect rear would be fine.

First, the profile of the guard is slightly rounded, whereas the bottom of the fork crown I have is not as rounded, it would fit but just isn't a perfect match.

Second, the daruma bolt (something I'd never seen before) doesn't work with the fork I have, or at least I am not familiar enough with them to make it work without some kind of bodging. That means that the front guard is being attached with the usual L bracket, and I felt to do it right I'd need to buy one of those Sheldon fender nuts, which I could only find in Germany with postage again... And to be honest I wasn't that bothered as I was already in two minds about selling the bike and have sunk a load of wasted money into it already...

Finally, I already have mudguards for the bike which work, I only wanted to replace them as the stays attach via relatively finicky mechanism (to the guards I mean).

And yeah condor fratello.

You'd definitely get the mudguards to fit the bike if you were interested, whether you'd fit them with the provided attachments and bolts or have to maybe use an alternative I don't know, and they'd be tight enough with 28mm tyres. At least with the schawlbe durano plus I have, not sure if they run wide or not.

Pity they didn't work for me as they look the business, as far as mudguards go! Also it's the second set of guards I've wasted money on, previously bought and sold a set of Giles berthoud guards which were too big and didn't fit at all (might have been 40mm guards)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Alanbt

I’m looking to move to 28mm tyres so seems like would be too tight. I have kinesis mud off on my fratello but had to cut into the front one to get to fit front fork. They are 40mm wide with a flattish profile, not great fit for the fork. And the front one actually snapped after a year where I had cut into them (so no mudguard from brake outwards). Definitely due to my bodge job rather than the quality of the product, rear is rock solid

for something so simple they are a damn pain. Condor do mudguards themselves so might be good option

GLWS

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭The Ging and I

Its a slow job fitting these metal mudguards but well worth the effort. You have to "shape" them for under the front forks and at the chain stays.

Alanbt,

Those condor mudguards aren't great at all. I had them fitted and had problems with them, I actually emailed condor saying what my problem was and they replied agreeing that they've experienced same and suggested a possible work around. I bought these ones to replace the condor ones, there's no comparison in the quality of the 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭paul a newman

I will offer E50 firm, can collect tomorrow around 1.30 to 2

Paul not sure with the double post and the slightly off format here, you are offering 50 euro?

If so OK, sorry for delay haven't looked in here in a while

Hi Wersal, thick thumb caused the double post, sorry, but yes, I'm offering E50 for the mudguards

OK Paul 50 it is

• Advertisement
Advertisement