Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox repair Dublin area

Options
  • 08-01-2022 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭

I have an xBox One X that's a few years old and yesterday the display just stopped working. The HDMI port is not broken and tv detects the xBox but nothing is displayed. I think it may be the retimer chip (or other component problem). I can remote play without problem and I've tried all the usual things, display settings, cables, different HDMI port on the tv, etc. I've even restarted it :)

It's out of warranty about 15 months and Microsoft are asking for €250 for a repair. Guarantee is only for 3 months and I may get a refurbished one instead.

I could get a new xBox S for €299 but there is no DVD player.

I'm not sure what I should do.

Suggestions please for a repair place in Dublin or any other options.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

A place I have used before a number of times and I would highly recommend is a place in Bray called Console Repairs Ireland. The guy in there has fixed controllers and my Xbox one X. Depending on the issue can be fixed the same day and price is fairly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

I used https://www.maxburns.ie

Excellent service I have to say. I dropped it in on Saturday afternoon after lunch and it was ready at 9:30am Monday morning with a new 4k encoder chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Treppen

I think GameStop do repairs.

Edit: scrap that, says on website they don't do them anymore.

Speaking of which My Elite 1 Controller has stick drift and A button getting stuck.. is there any hope :(

I'm in Dublin area

Post edited by Treppen on

I've seen a few ads for hdmi repair on the X so maybe it is a design flaw!

might be worth searching on official Microsoft and pushing them on it.

There's a few things to try here

https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/help/hardware-network/display-sound/tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected

• Advertisement
Advertisement