Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepay power wont allow change

Options
  • 07-01-2022 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

Anybody come accross problems switching from this provider tenant recieved and submitted diactivation code wont allow new supplier take over no reason offered except a vague we have to investigate further meanwhile new supplier cancels application

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭tvjunki

If this is the original tenant then they may owe prepay power so debt has to be cleared before moving to another supplier.

If you have a new tenant and old tenant left debt on the meter then the new tenant can contact another supplier and move to another. The new supplier will request moving to their service. This may take a few days/weeks but it is possible.

The new tenant can also request the meter is removed to a bill pay meter which is cheaper.

If you as a landlord did not give permission for the meter to be installed then prepay power are obliged to remove it. Had a tenant do this and was a challenge to get it removed but it was done. No charge to landlord. Regulator can help you with this if Prepay is not helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

I had a tenant trying to move from Bord Gais prepay meter to another one. Previous tenant had built up large arrears and fecked off so BG did all they could do to stop new tenant moving as the meter still held arrears. I had to intervene and force them to remove it.

While the old tenant had agreed to a prepay meter to handle arrears, they had it installed without permission of the landlord. They were forced to deactivate it as it was an unauthorised installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

Got my supply changed over from prepay "avoid" they are as arrogant as Ryanair they rejected/ignored pings from another supplier

several times to deliberately leave there hold on electric supply and are known for this sharp practice, report to regulator they where no help.

I eventually got a supervisor in a company to request a change direct with a follow up, going through normal channels are repeatly ignored by prepay so avoid.

Advertisement