Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know where I can buy Scolmore Click Minigrid switch?

Options
  • 07-01-2022 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭

I can only find UK sites and I can't find one who will deliver here. Using AddressPal would be €10 plus Irish VAT on top of already paid UK VAT. I might have to go down that route but would prefer not to.

It's this switch I'm looking for.

Click MiniGrid MD022WHMW White 20A DP Microwave Switch Module [MD022WHMW] - £2.40 : Click4Electrics, Online Electrical Wholesaler

I opened up the cover earlier and the tab holding the switch in place has snapped. I thought buying just that switch would be the cheapest way to replace it but if I can't get it, I might have to change the whole faceplate for a MK grid system. Can buy that on Screwfix but it's going to cost around €20.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Thanks. That did show up on my searches but it seems to be just a wholesaler. I'm just looking for 1 switch. Found it on Ebay from the UK but reading on the consumers forums it seems that you can still be caught for customs despite Ebay saying it's covered. I think it depends on your seller and the information they supply. Would cost around €20+ this way for 1 switch. Seems to retail for less than €5.

I'll contact CEF as they have some of that line on their UK site. Apparently a new Irish site will be coming soon but it's being saying that for a while.

It's just a 2 gang appliance switch for the microwave and the extractor fan. Electrician put it in when the house was rewired a good few years ago as the plugs aren't really accessible.

Not in as much of a rush now as I took the plug off microwave, passed it through a hole in the cupboard, put the plug back on and plugged into a nearby socket. Still want to fix it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

CEF can get them, I've gotten them from the Mayo branch on several occasions.

The Irish site won't be online anytime soon but the 8 digit stock code on the UK site will be the same so can order from that.

Pm me if you need any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Darando

ND Electrical do all the click stuff. Also think Eurosales. Give them a buzz and should be able to source.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Darando

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just to close out this thread.

The inlaws were in the UK so just got it delivered to them while they were there. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Advertisement