Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bike advice - gravel/commuter combo

Options
  • 07-01-2022 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭

I've decided it's finally time to go for N+1 and am looking at getting a gravel bike which will also double as a really good commuter.

Budget of €2k-ish and right now I'm landing on the Cube Nuroad C:62 Pro 2022 below. It being in stock in my size also helps! As does the ability to add a very neat rack and mudguard option.

Does anyone have any other thoughts or recommendations around this price point?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭pairofpears

Look at the Giant Revolt. With its changeable bike length in the rear axle it might make it more an all round bike.

Definitely consider a spare set of wheels with commuter tyres to make swapping the use very easy.

Also consider the speeds you want to be maintaining on the commute as a 1X system might not suit you. I use a CX bike in winter for everything and I would rather have the 2X system for the road speed. I did the Oldcastle Adventure X with it and was able to match the 1X guys fairly ok but I know if pushed my road speed would have been possibly higher with the 2X.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭byrnem31

I had a alliminium cube nuroad 2018 and it was a stunning bike that was very comfortable. Very well made. Cubes tend to be on the smaller side so make sure it fits. My cube had 2 x rings on the front though so im not sure if there would be enough range with the gears on that bike.

Advertisement