Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike fitting recommendation- Aidan Hammond or?

Options
  • 06-01-2022 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,115 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a racer, looking to get a bike fitting & saddle done. My bike (Canyon Endurance AL7) was self assembly, want to invest the money to ensure I'm at optimal position for riding & comfort (an oxymoron maybe....).

I'm in Galway, someone recommended Aidan Hammond https://bikefittingireland.com/book-now/ in Wicklow. He's a former cyclist, a physical therapist, has a dedicated studio. I'm willing to travel but wondering if there's anyone closer to Galway that'd get a strong recommendation. Someone mentioned Marrey bikes in Ballinrobe but I've no idea about how good they'd be in comparison https://www.marreybikes.com/content/88-service

Cheers,

Pa.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,710 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

are there any issues you're trying to get sorted?

i'm very much of the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' school.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭G1032

Marrey Bikes don't do bike fitting but the brother of the guy that owns the shop does. Padraig Marrey is the bike fitter.

I would recommend James O'Donnell if you're in Galway. He's done a couple of bike fits for me and cleat alignments outside of that with a couple of pairs new shoes also. He knows his stuff, been around the scene for years and years. PM me if you want his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭ratracer

Is James still at it? Hadn’t heard of him for a while, and I was looking for someone in Galway recently also. I’ve been to Padraig Marrey in Ballinrobe before and found him excellent and very thorough.

Advertisement