Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Seniors' Championship 2022

Options
  • 05-01-2022 10:22pm

Just seen that this comp is currently on Virgin Three. 1-1 atm between Hendry and Barry Pinches. Final on Friday. Dennis and some American chap on comms.

Comments

Barry's pulled a frame ahead in this best of five, with a good 70 break. Winner to face Ken tomorrow afaik.

Dennis reminiscing about watching the snooker in black and white on Grandstand in the late fifties 😂

Gone to a decider. Hendry playing marginally the best atm.. played a good shot in last frame to develop pink off cushion, and that was probably the winning of it.

Barry deserved a round of applause for that last safety shot.. Hendry 46 ahead with 7 reds left here..

Cliff is the co-commentator. Not American so, as I thought 😃

• Advertisement

Hendry wins. Dennis reckons this is the best he's played for years. Ken up next for t'bairn 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Genghis

Decent enough match, will look forward to Ken Vs Stephen tomorrow. Good to see Michaela Tabb back, albeit somewhat surprised Dennis didn't mention her at any time I was watching ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

On red button all week

Was going to say- "I heard him mention her at least once" , but then the penny " ;) " dropped 😋

Joe Johnson jumping off his shots like a nervous Alex in his prime.

With far less productive outcomes. Sure enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

The fact that Dennis never fails to mention Michaela Tabb when she's refereeing.. 😊 That was the joke... didn't get it myself instantly, but sure enough he was at it again in today's QF between JJ and David Lilley.. 'e's just fixated on Michaela, is Dennis 😂

Pockets are very receptive as Dennis and Joe alluded to there. Jimmy too good for Cooper and good value for his 2-0 lead. Jimmy's few contributions of 40 odd more than enough to win frames in two visits 😊 Cooper not putting up a lot of resistance - his tentative last shot in previous frame using rest a prime example,

Good opener there from Wayne in frame 3, but just 1 point from it...

Wayne has certainly improved in frame 3,, must have been playing like this when he beat JP... another poor rest shot though,, frame not over yet, and I'd give Cooper a chance still.. if I were online and odds were on offer I'd have a poke at Cooper at the likely odds,,,

I see Cliff was playing in round one. Got hammered 3-0. Promise of a commentary gig must of been enough to get him over.

😂 I am 'online' - an account with 'online' books I meant

He got ousted from that as soon as JJ lost 😆

Wayne playing some good safety shots in this frame,, nice pot on yella as well, but no joy from it positional wise,,,

Shot of the match for me, that blue from James - thin clip into middle bag, and gets prime position on framewinning pink, via in and out of baulk...

Cooper had his chances last frame really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Some of the old guys a bit rusty but good to see them with a cue again. Nice to see Hendry and Doherty playing.

Opening red from Wayne just supplanted Jimmy's blue as shot of the match,,, great shot it were, developing safe red as well was an added, and vital bonus,,,

I have to say I'm really enjoying this tournament....... you can see they're a bit " stiiff" leaning over table for the long shots......... fairplay to S Hendry..... hes still "got" it.......talent is perennial

Kirk looking well for someone ~60 yrs old, who's been an alcoholic/addict for over 30 years,,, Off it for 2 years now, he says.

I see Cliff has retired from seniors tour after that match the other day. 50 years since he turned pro. 45 since the first Crucible final with John Spencer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,312 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

He has a great voice for commentating should have him on more.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,312 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Looks like Ken has mentally worn down / bored lines like he did with Hendry?

Edit- Looks like I spoke too soon. I think Ken should consider packing it in on the regular tour.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

50 break almost a novelty in this comp, despite the generous pockets. Lilley passed that point here... Break over at 60 , it looks like😂

Michaela not on a going day here.. called a miss last frame, although Lines needed foul points, as Lilley failed to get out of snooker,,, this frame she tried to replace pink as close as possible to its own (unavailable) spot, but Peter had to tell her to put it on blue (clearly available) spot..

not a bad match this.. Peter played well to nick last frame to tie match at 1 apiece..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Genghis

Nothing to worry about, just a couple of Senior moments ;)

Advertisement