Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me price a bike to sell ...How much is this worth?

Options
  • 05-01-2022 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Looking for a little help / advice. I was an avid triathlete a few years back but ran into some issues with my lower back requiring a succession of surgeries over the past four years. Unfortunately, my triathlon / cycling career is well and truly over at this stage and so I am looking to sell off my bike, accessories and equipment.

I have been out of the triathlon game for the last few years now and so I`m pretty rusty on what bikes and equipment sell for these days.

I would appreciate if you guys and gals on here could give me your best estimation on what you think all this gear is worth together. I would be looking to sell everything together as a package and would appreciate an overall estimate on worth.

BIKE:

Cube Pelonton Race 2014 Edition

Rims: Mavic Cosmic Elite (Upgraded from original spec) (Mileage: 3000 km approx)

Front Derailleur: Shamino Ultegra

Rear Derailleur: Shamino 105

Forks: CUBE CSL Race Carbon

Brake / Shift Levers: Shimano 105

Chainset: Shamino 105

Saddle: Cube Selle Italia X1 Road

EXTRA EQUIPMENT:

Detachable Aero Bars: Synop Pro

Additional Seat Post: Profile Design - Fast Forward Seatpost For Aero Position

Bike Box: LifeLine EVA Bike Pod

Additional Stem: Zoom Downhill Ahead

Pedals: Look KEO

Shoes: Scott TriPro Triathlon Shoe

Bike Pump: BBB Track Pump

TECHNOLOGY:

Garmin Forerunner 305 with all accessories including heart rate monitor and instruction manuals.

Cateye Velo 5 Speedo

MAINTEANCE:

3 Spare Tubes

Tube Repair Kit

Tyre Levers

Alan Keys

Multi Tool

Spare Skewers

Chain Tool

Other bits and bobs. Tyre caps, ect...

PHOTOS:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Euppy

You might be better not selling everything as a package. Not sure if everyone will want a bike box, shoes that don't fit and an older garmin etc. But I think you could sell most of the stuff together.

Also to help people put an estimate on it, you might confirm that it is 11 speed (I'd assume so from a 2014 model)

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Hi Euppy,

Thanks for the message. I'm unsure what speed it is. I'm gone to rusty as "bike talk" at this stage.

There is 10 cogs on the rear and 3 cogs on the front.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

to give you some numbers the bike is worth about 550 euro because the wheels are good

the forward seatpost about 60 to 70 euro

the garmin 25euro more max than min

the pedals and shoes hard to say 15 to 30 euro .

your spare parts and pump around 35 euro and i would asume should sell easily

the bike box iam not to sure looks like a descent one but iam not sure what exact model it is bike boxes are not easy to sell because of posting cost and smaller market ie to give you a guideline see cheapest price you find on net and then take at least 30 percent of if it is in good state and 50 percent if it is ok state . and of course the price will go up in jun when all the people doing races abroad realise they need something to put their bike in ....

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CJay1

I think you'd be doing very well to get 550 for a alum frame bike with 10spd.. even with those wheels

I'd be very happy if I got 425/450.

No harm in putting it up for that though I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

i would agree with that and i have bought better bikes for less, but at the moment the market is kind of a bit crazy

and at the end of the day its not so much what something is worth its what the market price seems to be. but on reflection i would agree 550 even including the tri bars is bit on the high side.

• Advertisement
Advertisement