Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clock spring

Options
  • 05-01-2022 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi. I have to replace the clock spring or squib on my Skoda Octavia 2011 I have the code 5k0953569D

But I'm only able to find one ending with the letter A IS there any difference thanks for any advice

Best Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

I think once the entire number is the same, a different number or digit at the end usually only indicates a revision of the part, so it should fit the exact same.

I had the same worry over a turbo vacuum solenoid for my ford mondeo, part number I had was 6G9Q-9E882-CA and I had purchased ones with part number 6G9Q-9E882-CB.

Contacted the people selling the part and they told me it's just a revision and the part will fit the exact same.

Can't say for Skoda if it will be the same case exactly but it wouldn't make sense to have the exact same part number and then just change 1 digit at the end to make it a different part altogether. So my guess is its a revised part and will have the same fitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kevin1234a

Thanks Toyotafanboi there both valeo

Answers

Thanks blakes94

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Generally with these you need to know the brand fitted to your specific car in addition to the part number, is it a Bosch/ Valeo/ Siemens etc, the part number alone isn't enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Bump. Kevin1234a, how did you get on?

Same problem here, clockspring gone.

Looking at Micks garage and their only part is a Vemo brand. I haven't attacked the car yet to get the number but was wondering on feedback about getting the part and then going at it.

Haven't changed one over before but looks simple enough.

Will I need to set it up afterwards or is it good to go?

Any tips?

Hi. Yeah it's not that hard to do I got a used one from a scrap yard I think in maynooth. They were very help full the numbers are the same it's ok the letter at the end just means the year. Or how new disconnect the car battery first use a marker to draw a line to font your spot when putting the steering. Wheel on best of luck

Thanks, There is no programming or matching it to your car, diagnostic tools required? Would you have the name or number for the scrap lads? Am a bit iffy about secondhand electric stuff like the clock spring but you had no probs?

• Advertisement

Ment to ask, what sort of money was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk7r

Depending on the car you may need to do a steering angle sensor reset, some VW have them in the clcokspring, some on the rack itself. This would need good diagnostics to achieve but again it depends on model.

It's An Octavia 1.2 tsi 2011, don't think it has an angle sensor, no idea really.

I think it was 65 euro but the light has to be reset on the dashboard it's 086 1650460

I priced a garage to do it they wanted 600 euro you will get a new one on some Germany maybe Amazon de

Great. I have a code reader that clears the dash so might work. Yeah some prices being quoted, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk7r

It does have, you need a tool capable of doing steering angle basic settings g60 if the sensor is not in the rack

Advertisement