Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house contents from Cork to Edinburgh

Options
  • 05-01-2022 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey all,

I'm planning a move to Edinburgh in the coming weeks, does anyone have advice for recommends for moving companies (small van size volume of contents I guess) that could take my stuff from Cork to Edinburgh? I could rent a van and go via belfast and then back, but hopefully the right moving company would be an easier solution?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Years ago a friend was making the opposite move. They didn't urgently need anything that was going (they brought their main daily stuff home in suitcases), but didn't have enough to warrant a removal van. They were able to get a part load with a removal company, which was comparatively cheap, but the downside was that there was no fixed date - the company held on to their stuff until they had a truck with space coming over. IIRC it was about 3 months, but I guess that could vary. Try calling a few international moving companies and ask if they do something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dogby

Not sure what the price would be with a moving company, but you can call them and ask for a quote. If you need a place to start, look into 3 Movers - I've used them locally and to have things shipped from the US and have never had a problem. With as little as you have, I doubt it would be that expensive. Good idea to call around and get a couple estimates - I found the prices can be really hit or miss.

Advertisement