Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Replacing EIR F3000 router with TP Link Router - not working

Options
  • 05-01-2022 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a fancy Archer AX6600 router from TP-Link to replace EIR's F3000 fibre box. I have connected the TP Link router to the ONT/Fibre terminal via Ethernet cable, however the router does not connect to the internet. I can see the the TP Link in the wifi drop down menu however it states "not connected to the internet".

Is there anything i'd need to tweak via settings/advanced settings ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Rollercoaster

To connect your third party router to Eir you will need to apply the following settings.

Encapsulation - PPPoE

Multiplexing - LLC

VPI - 8

VCI - 35

VLAN tagging - Enabled

VLAN ID - 10

Connection Type: Dynamic IP

Make absolutely certain that you configure the VLAN part. If you overlook this you will not establish a connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

Thank you, however the TP Link menu is not straightforward:

I cant see anywhere in the menue where its asking for the above.

I can however choose between dynamic static or PPPoE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

This is Eir VDSL settings,not Eir FTTH .

OP. You only need to choose Dynamic

and VLAN 10 .

Thanks it didn’t work with Dynamic either, however I got it working in the end with:

PPPOE

Vlan 10

eircom@eircom.net

broadband1

thanks everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

You don’t need PPPoE for Eir FTTH ( you could use it , but not necessary, Eir doesn’t use any user&pass authentication for FTTH) Disabling this might save some cpu power if you on gigabit package. I don’t have TP LINK at the moment, but it has to be very basic ie. Choosing Dynamic mode or any other connection which not required User&Pass and then go to advanced settings ( or similar) and tick VLAN 10 tag.

Thank you sir, i have just changed it over from PPPOE to Dynamic and it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Harry1979

Hi. I'm. Just about to replace my F2000 with a tp link archer2100. Would you have any screenshots for me to look at please. I have fibre FTTH because I have the ONT box on the wall at the moment with an ethernet cable connected to my F2000. I take it all I have to do is run the cable from the ONT box straight to my new tp link modem/router? Any help or advice on settings would be great. As far as I Know I don't need username or password like eir tell me on their website and just setup by selecting dynamic and set vlan ID to 10. Is there anything else I need to do? I don't have eir tv so I take it I don't need to mess with iptv settings? Tia.

Advertisement