Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transportation to Australia

Options
  • 05-01-2022 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately there is still no way to search a forum for any previous posts on a particular subject so apologies if this has already been added. Anyway, I just came across this by accident if anyone is interested. It's a list of 'convicts' sentenced to transportation to Australia. I just skimmed the introduction but noticed it states records are of course incomplete due to some having been lost in 1922, also a reminder that a sentence of transportation is not actual proof of transportation. Quite a list of names.

https://www.nationalarchives.ie/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Ireland-Australia-transportation_DB.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Thanks Jellybaby, that seems a great resource .... I dont seem able to do a 'thanks' at end of your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

You're most welcome. I have harvested a lot of sources on this forum and I'm happy to pass on anything that might be helpful to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

To search for previous posts on boards, Google boards.ie followed by whatever you are searching for

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Thanks, I've tried that a few times but honestly, the old way had better results when I could just search a particular forum.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I agree it's far from ideal.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
Advertisement