Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish house prices 2022 predictions

Options
  • 05-01-2022 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭

Irish house prices 2022 predictions 54 votes

House prices to rise 0-2.5%
    9% 5 votes
    House prices to rise 2.5-5.0%
    18% 10 votes
    House prices to rise 5.0-7.5%
    31% 17 votes
    House prices to rise 7.5+%
    24% 13 votes
    House prices to fall 0-2.5%
    7% 4 votes
    House prices to fall 2.5-5.0%
    1% 1 vote
    House prices to fall 5.0-7.5%
    1% 1 vote
    House prices to fall 7.5+%
    5% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

I voted for "House prices to fall 0-2.5%".

I believe asset prices around the world are due a correction. That may not happen in 2022. Prices may continue to rise this year. However, current prices are overvalued and will correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭fliball123

I voted for a rise of 7.5%+ the dynamics of under supply and over demand is worst at the start of 2022 than it was in 2021. Good luck to anyone trying to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Voted for a 2.5 to 5% increase, can't see the costs of materials or labour dropping in 2022 and cost of living keeps going up so can easily see this added to new house prices, it was about 10% onto a new build last year and this will keep 2nd hand prices strong even with better new house supply.

I would hope a little bit more sense comes back to the market though and that while demand for 2nd hand houses is strong the % of those buyers willing to go 100k over asking price in ridiculous bidding is reduced in 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Thestart

I voted for 7.5+

it’s too much demand and not enough supply and the new rent rules slowing the reits investment in new builds. When you look at the prices they are paying for new builds per bed it doesn’t add up from my point of view!!

Advertisement