Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Rooms/Different Speakers

Options
  • 04-01-2022 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi looking for a steer on my setup, I am quite happy with the current 2 room setup but looking at adding a 3rd speaker in series on channel b.

I have a yamaha AS201 Amp (100w x2 output power) which I had two heybrook 100w floorstanders connected but have since replaced with a 50w wharfdale e30 (channel A) and 1970s 25w Pioneer model (channel b) I found both speakers in the local recycling centre and have been using for 2 years and believe the sound to be better than the heybrook set up.

Each speaker is in a different room and now looking at adding a 3rd room and would like to add a ceiling speaker in series with the 25w channel b through a single pole switch to isolate the 3rd speaker if needed.

Is there any issues I need to concider or can the above even work? and any recommendations on a suitable speaker/switch to link in would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement